With a cloud-based model the users have a conducive, all time access to shared resources, like storage, servers, and applications, over the internet. However, cloud computing has numerous characterizations. According to IT Services Talk, the cloud computing details can be classified under the following salient features:
- On-demand self-service: The user can easily set up computing capabilities, individually without any intervention from the service provider’s end.
- Network access: Services can be availed on the network with easy access through mechanisms applied on diverse devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops or workstations.
- Resource sharing: The cloud computing resources, including network bandwidth, processing, storage and memory are shared to serve numerous users at a time with the help of a multi-tenant model.
- Rapid flexibility: Cloud computing capabilities can be methodically provisioned to fulfill the demand and load requisites.
- Optimized service: Cloud-based systems can mechanically manage and optimize the user resources.
Models of Cloud Computing:
There is a range of computing structures operational since the introduction of cloud computing such as:
- Peer-to-Peer: In this model the processing, resource sharing, and communication management are totally in a decentralize manner.
- Client-Server: It is structural design in the framework of distributed computing wherein requests are based on service providers for diverse resources like applications, security, printing, databases, and backups.
- Grid Computing: In a grid framework, an assemblage of aligned computers collaborates to get to the bottom of a single problem involving hefty numerical calculations and compute series. Through grid-computing software it divides work into smaller segments and allocates each part to a pool of several computers.
Benefits of Cloud Computing:
The major advantages of cloud computing are as follows:
- Anywhere access to cloud-based applications and data at your convenience.
- Provides economical commodity servers, storage, and so on to replace the redundant IT infrastructure.
- Pay-per-use model in which payment is made only for the duration of usage.
- Augmented resource consumption owing to multi-tenant model.
To completely avail the benefit and understand the cloud computing details, you will have to move to the cloud computing.